GeekGirlCon ’13 Info Page
Our GeekGirlCon ’13 post-con survey is live! Tell us what you thought & how we can make it even better next year!
Welcome to GeekGirlCon ’13.
You will find links here to everything you need to know about our con this October 19 and 20, 2013.
We had some awesome geekery lined up for you in 2013. Below are some highlights of contributors, panels, events, and more that we’ve already announced on our website.
Even with all of this, we hold true to our mission statement of supporting and celebrating geeky women. We’re still created by geeky women for geeky women; still no “geek cred” required. Be you a Trek fanatic, an amazing LARPer, an FX artist, a scientist (mad or otherwise), a librarian, a hardcore gamer, a fanfic writer, a genre reader (or writer), or any kind of geek you want to be – you are welcome.
The Conference Center Hours
Friday Pass Pick-up 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. (pre-paid passes only)
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Check the full schedule for specific times for the Exhibitor Hall, Artist Alley, GeekGirlConnections, Gaming, Programming, and Events.
Complete Program Schedule
- Saturday [Schedule Grid | Descriptions]
- Saturday CONcert Spectacular!
- Sunday [Schedule Grid | Descriptions ]
- Full Schedule Grid
- PDF Versions [Full Strategy Guide (12MB) | Panel & Event Programming | GeekGirlConnections | Gaming ]
- Contributor Bios
Get GeekGirlCon ‘13 Off to a Great Start
Get ready for GeekGirlCon with good food, new friends, and great entertainment on Friday, October 18.
- Start by picking up your pass (pre-sales only) at The Conference Center from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Just walk around the corner for the Kickoff Party at Tap House Grill, co-hosted by the amazing Seattle Browncoats Charities, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Then head up the hill to Re-Bar for the mind-blowing Bechdel Test Burlesque at 8 p.m. and 11 p.m.
- Or, head up to the shiny Wayward Coffeehouse for The Doubleclicks and Molly Lewis at 8 p.m.
A Few of the Highlighted Contributors
- Lt. Tasha Yar, Denise Crosby will be there!
- Do you love muppets? Do you remember Karen Prell from the GeekGirlCon ’11 Labyrinth Sing-A-Long? Meet Red Fraggle and Karen Prell!
- Kelly Sue DeConnick is coming to GeekGirlCon ’13! Read our interview with her on our blog.
- Race, gender, and cosplay with Chaka Cumberbatch.
- Jane Espenson and Husbands? Yes!
- You know him from Wonder Woman! The Untold Story of American Superheroines and GeekGirlCon ’12: Mike Madrid.
- Explore Gender Through Comics with Christina Blanch, Jen Van Meter, Kelly Sue DeConnick, Mark Waid, and Greg Rucka. Check out the in-depth preview on our blog.
- Sarah Kuhn, Javier Grillo-Marxuach, Amber Benson, Cecil Castellucci, and Andrea Letamendi deconstruct the “Mary Sue.”
Some of the Fantastic Programming
- Cosplay, fashion, and more: Geeks Got Style!
- Learn STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
- Where else will you get to attend a panel about When Music, Gender, and Disability Intertwine?
- Summon Your Inner Superhero Style.
- LGBT? QUILTBAG? Taste the Rainbow!
- Humor in feminism? Bring it on!
- Great stories in bits and bytes in our Web Series Spotlight.
- How do you balance being a fan of problematic things?
- Your geeky career: explore, find a mentor, and more at GeekGirlConnections!
- Gaming: Lots of great tabletop gaming and EA/PopCap sponsored console gaming.
- Costume Contest of Awesome (Come cosplay with us! Will you? Some GeekGirlCon staff will!)
- GeekGirlCONcert at the EMP on Saturday night
- Geeky Singalong + Closing Celebration
So Much Geeky Shopping
How to Get Here
- Buy your pass!
- This will help you on your journey: parking & transportation.
- Check out our Seattle area guide
- GeekGirlCon is 100% volunteer run, including our staff and all of our Agents.
- Check out why our volunteers are so passionate: Ask a GeekGirlCon Agent
- Unfortunately, our volunteer application for 2013 is closed.
- Fortunately, you can join the volunteer interest list to find out about volunteer opportunities for GeekGirlCon ‘14 and throughout the year.
Code of Conduct