Submit Programming for GeekGirlCon 2012
Are you a professional in a geeky industry? Do you run your own geeky business? Can we learn from you about the history of women in gaming? Do you have a unique perspective to share about being a woman in the sciences, horror, comics, television, film, robotics, costuming, or stunt industries? Are you an artist or illustrator? A pop culture “herstorian” or cultural critic?
GeekGirlCon will feature informative and entertaining programming on topics ranging from geek lifestyle issues, to the sciences to popular culture. We are seeking engaging and thought-provoking proposals from professionals for panels and presentations on topics such as, but not limited to:
· Geeky parenting and dating
· Women in science, math, engineering, and technology (STEM)
· Women in robotics
· Women characters and creators in comic books, literature, film, and television
· Pop culture scholarship
· Women in gaming (Tabletop, Board, Console, PC)
· Women in horror
· Diversity in genre – including race, ethnicity, class, gender, ability, sex and sexuality
· Crafty or geeky businesses
· Cosplay or Crossplay
· Women in Stunt Work
· Women writers (and men writing great geeky female characters)
· Women artists and illustrators
· Women in science fiction and fantasy
· Fandom and community
· Women’s history in geeky popular culture, science, and technology
· Women in Anime/Manga
· Women in Pop Culture Publishing
· YA authors with Strong Female Protagonists
· Geek Girl Pioneers in Fandom and Community
· Documentary filmmakers
· Web series producers
· Geeky Charities
· Women mentoring each other and our geeky little sisters
· Hackers and Programmers
· LED/Tech Fashion
To be considered for acceptance proposal submissions must reflect the mission of the convention – to promote, celebrate, educate, mentor, encourage and empower the female geek – and should make an effort towards inclusivity.
We are interested in presentations, screenings, readings, workshops, mentoring sessions, and round table discussions from women and men in geeky professions. These topics should be addressed with a women-centric and woman-positive focus and with attention to issues of diversity.
GeekGirlCon is committed to representing women geeks of all ages, races, sexual orientations, gender identities, creeds, physical and mental abilities, and familial statues. Proposals must reflect a commitment to this as well.
Submissions are open until March 15th. If you are interested in proposing a panel or presentation please fill out this form: http://www.geekgirlcon.com/con/propose-a-panel/