Five Things You Can Do Right Now To Prepare For GeekGirlCon 2017
The GeekGirlCon staff is abuzz with activity as we get preparations rolling for GeekGirlCon 2017. We’re extremely excited to put on another great con, just as I’m sure you all are excited to attend one! While we’re busy scheduling panels, perfecting layouts, and planning another spectacular weekend, here are five things you can do right now to prepare for #GGC17, commencing on September 30:
1. Buy your passes early! We’ve sold out of passes before the weekend of the con in years past, and they’re available at some great early bird prices right now: $35 for the Two-Day Pass, $20 for the One-Day Pass, and $10 for kids under the age of 12 for both days (free for kids under 5). The pricing will go back up after April 23, not including the kid-priced passes.
2. Get started on those fabulous cosplay costumes! You can find plenty of inspiration on our Flickr, where there are tons of photos from past GeekGirlCons. We hold a massive Cosplay Contest each year, so make sure to prepare your very best geeky fashions so you can take home the gold.
3. Take a look at our hotel deals for 2017. We’ve reserved rooms at Hotel Max for $195 a night (while normal pricing is $300 a night). Make sure to book your room early to get the best possible rate!
4. Are you interested in selling your artwork at the convention, or do you have a stellar idea for a panel? Applications for our Exhibitors Hall and Panel & Event Submissions are open right now! We will be accepting form submissions until April 30, 11:59 pm PST, so make sure to apply while you still have plenty of time.
5. Follow us on social media. We’re constantly updating our Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and Instagram accounts with fresh content, and we love to chat! We host various events around the Seattle area year-round, so follow us in order to stay up-to-date!