GeekGirlCon is powered by a team of volunteers. We have many opportunities to get involved and help out, whether with a larger commitment of a staff role throughout the year, individual event volunteers, or GeekGirlCon Agents and Special Agents.
Our current open staff positions are below.
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in person at monthly staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Most work and design meetings are conducted over email, Basecamp, or Zoom.
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future.
- Programming Assistant
- STEM Talent Coordinator
- Arts Talent Coordinator
- Cosplay Contest Coordinator
- Panel Coordinator
If you are interested in helping make GeekGirlCon happen as a volunteer Agent at the con, you can sign up for the GeekGirlCon ’18 Agent waiting list or sign up for our volunteer interest mailing list to be notified when applications open for GeekGirlCon ’19.
Take a look at the video below for our volunteer Agents in action at GeekGirlCon ’16.
Board of Directors
We are currently seeking new members to join our Board of Directors. The primary responsibility of board directors is to steer the overall policy and direction of GeekGirlCon in accordance with our mission and values. Read more about the position and apply.