GeekGirlCon is powered by a team of volunteers. We have many opportunities to get involved and help out, whether as a GeekGirlCon Agent or a longer year-round commitment as a board member or staff member.
Operations & Development Department
- Director of Internal Operations
- Human Resources Manager
- Survey and Data Manager
- IT & Web Administrator
- Manager of Web Content
- Social Media Generalist
- Social Media Research Specialist
- Merchandising Manager
- Director of Outreach
- Corporate Sponsorship Manager
- Individual Sponsorship Manager
- Sponsorship Coordinator
Don’t see a role that fits you?
While the above positions are our highest priority needs for the 2022 in-person con, we’re absolutely open to other roles in less urgent positions for the future. If the areas of fundraising development, event management, or anything else appeals to you, please feel free to send us an email.
What it means to volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance remotely over Zoom at monthly staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Most work and design meetings are conducted over email, Basecamp, or Zoom.
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future.
Take a look at the video below from GeekGirlCon ’19 about one of our volunteers, I-Wei.
Board of Directors
We are currently seeking new members to join our Board of Directors. The primary responsibility of board directors is to steer the overall policy and direction of GeekGirlCon in accordance with our mission and values. Read more about the position and apply.