GeekGirlCon is 100% powered by volunteers. We have many opportunities to get involved and help out, whether with a larger commitment of a staff role throughout the year, individual event volunteers, or GeekGirlCon Agents and Special Agents. Take a look at the video below for our volunteer Agents in action at GeekGirlCon ’16.
If you are interested in helping make GeekGirlCon happen as a volunteer Agent at the con, sign up for our volunteer interest mailing list to be notified when applications open.
Our current open staff positions are below.
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in person at monthly staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Most work and design meetings are conducted over email or Skype.
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future.
- Director of Internal Operations
- Director of Development
- HR Manager
- Corporate Sponsorship Manager