Arts Talent Coordinator [Volunteer Position]
Mission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
Director of Panel Programming
Positions Reporting To This One
The Arts Talent Coordinator is responsible for sourcing Arts and Literature Featured Contributors with pop culture relevance and broad appeal. This Coordinator will organize the logistics of the Featured Contributors’ participation in GeekGirlCon and will maintain relationships with potential Featured Contributors for future years.
- Sources mission-aligned Featured Contributors to appear at the convention;
- Maintains a budget, and facilities contract negotiation between Featured Contributor and Programming Director in alignment with the budget;
- Aligns closely with Programming team managers to fit Featured Contributors into convention content;
- Coordinates logistics for signing or other featured spot;
- Coordinates with Programming Director to books flights and hotels;
- Coordinates with Marketing Department to promote Featured Contributors;
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with Featured Contributors and booking agents;
- Acts as on-site point of contact for Featured Contributors;
- Manages other Featured Contributor logistics as necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to answer emails, phone calls, and other communications in a timely manner;
- Enthusiastic and personable;
- Self-motivated, and able to work both independently and within a team;
- Demonstrated excellence in organization and time management;
- Has strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- Between 5-10 hours per week of work is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!