Assistant Gaming Manager [Volunteer Position]
Mission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
Positions Reporting To This One
GeekGirlCon is looking for an organized self-starter to assist our Gaming Program Manager with their everyday (and day of Con) planning needs. The Assistant Gaming Manager works as the right hand of the Gaming Team – stepping in whenever and wherever there is need.
- Serves as an assistant to the Gaming Manager and the Games Team
- Assists the Gaming Team with partner relationship building
- Assist with con floor plans and A/V needs
- Assist with all Gaming signage creation and distribution
- Assist with Game Team meetings – noting action items, offering suggestions, and keeping tabs on team progress
- Can speak with authority in ambiguous situations
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks.
- Self-directed, detail-oriented problem solver with a burning desire to contribute.
- High-energy, driven, articulate, and friendly personality with a customer service mindset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Can-do attitude with willingness to jump in wherever and whenever needed
- Passion for gaming of all kinds preferred.
- Familiarity with basics of Agile a plus!
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- Minimum commitment to this volunteer position is two Convention cycles
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- Between 10-20 hours per week of work is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!