Assistant Manager of Gaming [Volunteer Position]
Mission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
Manager of Gaming
GeekGirlCon is looking for an organized and motivated individual to assist our Gaming Program Manager with their everyday planning needs, which includes the weekend of the convention. The Assistant Gaming Manager works as the right hand of the Gaming Team, stepping in whenever and wherever there is need.
- Serves as an assistant and reports to the Gaming Program Manager.
- Assists with master scheduling, resource allocation and budgeting, setting priorities, task tracking, and problem solving.
- Maintains, updates, and organizes team documentation.
- Creates/develops/etc. staff appreciation initiatives.
- Assists the Gaming Team with partner relationship initiation and retention while maintaining constant communication with the Corporate Sponsorship team.
- Assists with creation and timely delivery of floor plans for the gaming spaces including determining and securing A/V needs.
- Assists with all Gaming signage creation and distribution.
- Assists with Game Team meetings, noting action items, offering suggestions, and keeping tabs on team milestones.
- Acts as a generalist who is able to fill in for other team members including full, delegated authority to act on behalf of the Manager of Gaming as needed.
- Can speak with authority in challenging situations.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks.
- Self-directed, detail-oriented problem solver with a burning desire to contribute and work openly with a team.
- High-energy, driven, articulate, and friendly personality with a customer-service mindset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Passion for gaming of all kinds preferred
- Interest in project management
- Familiarity with basics of Agile is a plus!
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with Zoom meetings in the Seattle area.
- Between 5-7 hours per week of work is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!