Campaign Manager [Volunteer Position]
Mission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
Director of Marketing
Positions Reporting To This One
The Campaign Manager is a high-level marketing role which works with any staff member who needs a marketing campaign. The Campaign Manager coordinates with the campaign owner to ensure that all pieces of the campaign are in place. This involves working across departments and teams and facilitating collaboration. The Campaign Manager brings all of the necessary materials together, helps the campaign owner determine metrics for the success of the campaign, works with the campaign manager to identify target markets, executes the campaign, and measures the campaign’s success using data and analytics.
- Contributes to, and directly manages, any and all marketing campaigns for GeekGirlCon
- Works with campaign owner and key stakeholders to identify success metrics + measures campaign effectiveness based on those metrics
- Iterates and improves on existing marketing strategies based on past campaign data
- Measures + tracks engagement
- Records trends over time
- Collaborates with campaign owner and stakeholders to coordinate campaign materials and logistics
- Coordinates across all relevant teams/departments to create campaign timeline and ensure timely production of campaign deliverables
- Collaborates with campaign owner to create campaign briefs + deadlines
- Oversees quality control and ensures all deliverables receive necessary approvals
- Executes campaign
- Routinely analyze data and troubleshoot to understand issues and identify solutions; proactively plan for contingencies
- Prepare and deliver routine reports on campaign activity for Directors and the Board
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Excellent analytic and mathematical skills
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively both independently and within a team.
- Able to deliver high-quality work under time pressure
- Has superior organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, problem solve, and multitask.
- Exhibits a keen attention to detail, including follow-through and follow-up.
- Has strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Able to complete projects unassisted.
- High degree of flexibility.
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- Minimum commitment to this volunteer position is two Convention cycles
- With the exception of the Executive Director, GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- Between 5-15 hours per week of work is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!