Corporate Sponsorship Manager [Volunteer Position]
Mission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
Director of Internal Operations
Positions Reporting To This One
GeekGirlCon’s Corporate Sponsorship Manager is in charge of acquiring corporate sponsors and grants for the organization, as well as organizing and maintaining details pertaining to corporate donations for GeekGirlCon’s eBay auctions. This position requires an enthusiastic attitude with excellent communication skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Oversees development of corporate sponsorship program with an eye for enhancing stewardship and increasing revenue
- Assists Director of Development in setting fundraising goals. Tracks progress towards goal and provides monthly reports.
- Maintains Corporate sponsor file, tracking cycle of each sponsorship ask for prospective and returning sponsors
- Drafts sponsorship agreements and invoices; Tracks fair market value of sponsorship benefits and issues tax statements at the end of the fiscal year
- Keeps accurate details for all merchandise/in-kind donations received, including exact quantity of donation (i.e. “100 comic books,” not “box of comic books”) and full retail value of said items or services.
- Coordinates with the Exhibitor Services Manager and Registration and Admission Manager regarding sponsor tables and comped passes.
- Coordinates with Digital Experiences and Design departments regarding sponsorship deliverables and recognition
- Ensures that Sponsors receive entitled benefits; track deliverables for each sponsorship agreement
- Review and update sponsorship tiers as needed to maximize revenue goals
- Obtains logos, ad files, and other information from corporate sponsors for the program booklet and other printed materials or electronic communication
- Works with Director of Internal Operations and Director of Development to set annual departmental sub-budget; review expenses and update spending needs annually
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to write clear, concise and compelling communication.
- Experience in communicating business and marketing objectives to corporations in order to establish and maintain support and enthusiasm.
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years of experience in corporate giving.
- Self-motivated and able to operate with little direction.
- Must be proficient with Word and Excel.
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- Between 5-10 hours per week of work is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!