Director of Development [Volunteer Position]
Mission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
Director of Internal Operations
Positions Reporting To This One
Individual Sponsorship Manager
Corporate Sponsorship Manager
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Development Director (Director) will spearhead development efforts as GeekGirlCon continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development function.
- Develop and execute GeekGirlCon’s annual fundraising plan
- Coordinate with Board of Directors on fundraising goals and donor outreach
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Manage the implementation of donation tracking, gift processing, and donor acknowledgement
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Create and execute a strategy to grow a sustained base of annual individual donors
- Coordinate with other departments to include fundraising opportunities when appropriate
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Work with PR and Marketing to roll out campaigns and appeals
- Oversee volunteers
- Previous fundraising or development experience required
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team as well s drive your own work load
- Working high proficiency of MS Excel and Google Groups, preferred
When applying, please provide a resume.
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- Minimum 12 month commitment to this volunteer position.
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- Between 10-15 hours per week of work is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!