Director of Digital Experiences [Volunteer Position]
Mission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
Positions Reporting To This One
Web Team Manager, Social Media Team Manager, Video Team Manager, Merchandise Team Manager, Marketing Analyst, Campaign Manager
Director of Digital Experiences is a high-level marketing role which leads a team of content producers, programmers, merchandisers and PMs to champion the GeekGirlCon brand through editorial and creative excellence.
The Director of Digital Experience develops processes and creates efficiencies within their teams and ensure all GeekGirlCon digital assets are held to the highest standard. Along with the Director of Creative Services, The Director of Digital Experiences sets goals for their department, defines target audiences, and defines metrics—driving toward improving engagement of GeekGirlCon digital experiences.
- Defines the direction for GeekGirlCon’s digital experiences, including the website, social media, video marketing campaigns, digital ads, etc.
- Leads the Digital Experiences department, facilitating coordination and defining design and messaging standards across all digital marketing.
- Ensures all GeekGirlCon digital assets are held to the highest standards for accuracy, branding, and creative excellence.
- Creates and fine tunes processes to ensure creative pipeline flows smoothly between inter departmental teams.
- Setup processes and guidelines for all digital marketing campaigns for GeekGirlCon and ensures submission process is accessible for all staffers.
- Works with campaign owner and key stakeholders to identify success metrics and measures campaign effectiveness based on those metrics.
- Iterates and improves on existing digital marketing strategies based on past campaign data:
- Measures and tracks engagement.
- Records trends over time.
- Routinely analyze data and troubleshoot to understand issues and identify solutions; proactively plans for contingencies.
- Prepare and deliver routine reports on digital campaign success for Executive Directors and the Board.
- Professional experience in Digital Marketing or Online Retailing (Web Producer, Integrated Marketing, Creative Agency, etc.)
- Experience leading a team.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- Excellent marketing analytics skills.
- Keen eye for design and editorial content.
- Familiarity with online publishing tools such as WordPress.
- Social Media savvy, with experience collecting and analyzing insights.
- Has superior organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, problem solve, and multitask.
- Exhibits a keen attention to detail, including follow-through and follow-up.
- Has strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- High degree of flexibility.
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- Minimum commitment of two convention cycles to this volunteer position.
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- Between 5-10 hours per week of work is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!