Email Marketing Specialist [Volunteer Position]
Mission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
The Email Marketing Specialist will be responsible for executing GeekGirlCon’s email marketing strategy to engage, nurture, and drive customer loyalty. The specialist will manage and execute email marketing campaigns, will have strong writing skills, a high visual and editorial bar, and excellent organizational skills. The specialist will work closely with marketing team stakeholders. The role requires the specialist to become the expert in email marketing campaigns and will be the go-to expert for email marketing best practices.
Director of Digital Experiences
- Create and monitor a variety of email marketing campaigns
- Ensure design and layouts of emails are optimized, user- and mobile-friendly
- Work closely with marketing stakeholders on email calendar roadmap
- Familiarity and proficiency with Email Service Providers (i.e. MailChimp)
- Update email templates using graphics, personalization and advanced features
- Develop and write email newsletters, retention email marketing campaigns, announcements, and automated email campaigns.
- Proofread key messaging in and out of email templates
- Track and analyze campaign results
- Be the go-to person for MailChimp questions
- Ensure emails follow industry policies and best practices
- At least 2-3 years of email marketing experience
- Excellent writing skills. Experience writing marketing copy a plus.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Excellent collaboration skills, including oral and written communication.
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- Between 2-5 hours per week of work, increasing as the Convention approaches, is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!