Exhibitor Services Coordinator [Volunteer Position]
Mission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
Exhibitor Services Manager
Positions Reporting To This One
GeekGirlCon’s Exhibitor Services Coordinator will work closely with the Exhibitor Services Manager to develop the GeekGirlConnection section of the Exhibitor Hall. They will also assist the Exhibitor Services Manager in the completion of their duties to ensure a highly functioning Exhibitor Hall. The Exhibitor Services Coordinator needs to be self-motivated, high-spirited, and dependable.
- Works collaboratively with Exhibitor Services Manager to oversee operations of Exhibitor Services.
- Review exhibitor applications to determine eligibility for the GeekGirlConnections area.
- Seeks out additional exhibitor applications for GeekGirlConnections area to cultivate program with aligned community.
- Develop ideas for GeekGirlConnections workshops from creation to fruition.
- Assist with updating the Exhibitor Welcome Packet.
- Assist with Exhibitor Check-In and Load-In/Out during the convention.
- Assist in reviewing exhibitor applications to make sure they are on mission.
- Additional tasks as they are assigned by the Exhibitor Services Manager.
- Knowledge of Google Office Suite including Gmail, Drive, and Groups.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Superb time and project management skills, including task prioritization.
- Ability to manage a project with little direct supervision.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people, including working with multiple departments on a given project.
- Previous experience working with convention exhibitor halls.
- Customer service and outreach
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- Minimum commitment to this volunteer position of at least two convention cycles.
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- Between 3-5 hours of work per week, increasing to 6-8 leading up to the convention (including meetings, etc).
- Must be able to volunteer Friday, Sunday, and Saturday during the convention.
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!