Fashion Show Coordinator [Volunteer Position]
Mission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
The Fashion Show Coordinator works with the Special Events Manager and the Director of Programming to coordinate the annual GeekGirlCon Fashion Show. The Coordinator handles the logistics and administration to ensure that project deadlines related to the Fashion Show are clearly communicated, documented, and met. Reports to the Special Events Manager.
- Assists the Manager and Director in creating a strategic plan for the Fashion Show, including a timeline and budget;
- Sources and manages communication with Fashion Show designers, models, sponsors, prize donors, and partners;
- Assists with event registration and coordination;
- Schedules, trains, and supervises event volunteers as needed;
- Coordinates with Design & Copy teams for event promotional materials;
- Works with the Marketing Department to ensure the website and printed program are kept up-to-date with event and performer information;
- Runs the event day-of, including any rehearsals, and manages event participant needs.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively both independently and within a team;
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, problem solve, and multitask;
- Keen attention to detail, including follow-through and follow-up;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Exceptional customer service and relationship-building skills;
- Able to manage projects unassisted;
- High degree of flexibility;
- Available to work evenings and weekends.
- Prior event experience.
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- Between 5-10 hours per week of work is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!