Manager of Digital Experience [Volunteer Position]
Mission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
The Manager of Digital Experience will provide leadership, direction, and development for the web site and supporting team. This role will be in charge of GeekGirlCon’s website, digital strategy, inbound marketing, and sculpting GeekGirlCon.com to support GeekGirlCon’s mission. Oversees the Web Team. Reports to Director of Marketing.
- Ultimately responsible for GeekGirlCon.com and all content within.
- Partner with Director of Marketing, Social Media, Editorial, and Public Relations to develop an aligned digital marketing strategy
- Develop, propose, manage, execute, and champion and GeekGirlCon’s digital strategy, reinforcing and growing the organization’s presence across digital marketing channels
- Champion the strategic vision of GeekGirlCon.com
- Supervise the Web Administrator and Web Content Producers to ensure projects are moving smoothly
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring of additional Web Team staff as needed
- Fill in for Web Team roles when needed
- Communicates with the Manager of Design, the Manager of Editorial Services, and the Director of Marketing to ensure website branding follows branding guides
- Present updates at staff meetings
- Work within a budget
- 3+ years of experience with crafting digital user experiences using but not limited to analytics, user testing, design and research.
- Experience with and intermediate knowledge of WordPress.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS a must. Knowledge of MySQL and PHP a bonus.
- Excellent communication skills, love of email, and patience with those less technologically inclined.
- Keeps up with the changing digital landscape.
- Able to manage and work with a team efficiently to meet deadlines.
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- 5-10 hours per week of work is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!