Print Program Booklet PM [Volunteer Position]
Mission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
Director of Marketing
GeekGirlCon is preparing for the 2019 season. We’re looking for volunteers passionate about our mission statement and ready with the skills needed to collaborate and succeed.
In this role, the Print Program Booklet PM will manage production needs including: sourcing vendors to find the highest quality items at the lowest cost, reviewing competitive bids, generating estimates, and managing project costs, managing proofing and quality of printed materials, as well as controlling production timelines and distribution. This position will report to the Director of Marketing and work closely with the marketing team.
- Understand industry standard methods, materials, and production techniques to provide expert recommendations.
- Manage print proofing process to ensure that quality standards are met by reviewing and approving material samples, digital proofs, and physical or pre-production proofs.
- Work with department leaders to understand project needs such as project mandatories, budgets, and timelines.
- Develop and communicate estimates clearly to project owners / design team for budget approval.
- Manage production timelines to meet required deadlines, regularly providing status to project owners, stakeholders, and creative team.
- Manage inventory of printed materials.
- Identify and develop efficiencies within project life cycles.
- Facilitate business reviews with current vendors as well as interview and qualify new vendors, managing vendor changes as needed.
- Create and maintain production vendor and assets spreadsheet.
- Ensuring brand standards are implemented and consistent across multiple print platforms.
- Review vendor invoices and issue POs.
- Maintain accurate files for marketing production projects such as estimates, POs, allocations sheets, etc.
- Cold-call potential advertisers for the GGC printed program book – follow up, ensure digital files of ads are print-ready, and store them on server for design team to access.
- Work with design to block out ads in the program book in early months.
- Gatekeeper of major milestones in developing the print program. Manage rounds of revised copy flowing between copy/design/content owners, and not being reluctant to seek out outstanding items from content owners.
- 3+ years print production experience.
- Experience with a consumer brand is preferred.
- Excellent project management skills with an ability to set and achieve goals, meet deadlines, and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for fostering and maintaining team and business relationships.
- Detail-oriented problem solver and self-starter who’s good with working remotely.
- Bias toward action and a strong sense of urgency.
- Experience with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop (or just Adobe Creative Suite) is preferred.
- Experience with project management software such as Basecamp is preferred.
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!