Programming Assistant [Volunteer Position]
Mission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
Directors of Programming
Positions Reporting To This One
The Programming Assistant supports the Programming Department and the Directors of Programming with administrative and clerical duties.
- Co-managing communication through the firstname.lastname@example.org email inbox;
- Scheduling departmental and team meetings and phone calls;
- Filing and organizing important departmental information and documents;
- Maintaining internal communication systems and calendars;
- Coordinating staff appreciation initiatives;
- Additional administrative and clerical tasks, as determined by the Directors of Programming.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work with efficiency and flexibility;
- Excellent organization and time management skills;
- Self-motivated and willing to jump in where necessary;
- Capable of working successfully both independently and within a group;
- Competency with G Suite tools.
- Executive assistant experience;
- Event/project management experience;
- Competency with Basecamp.
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- Between 5-10 hours per week of work is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!