Survey and Data Analyst [Volunteer Position]
Mission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
The Survey and Data Analyst will work closely with the Registration and Admissions Manager to create and implement all Convention related research projects. Beginning with the post-con survey which gathers data, feedback, and suggestions on attendee Convention experience. They will also work closely with any and all Managers and Directors to identify areas where further research may be needed.
Survey and Data Manager
- Define, plan, and conduct research to ensure the convention experience, satisfaction, and areas for improvement of convention attendees, exhibitors, contributors, volunteers, and staff.
- Designs and implements all surveys using tools such as Survey Monkey and Google Forms.
- Collaborates with Executive Director and departmental Directors to formulate research objectives for Convention planning and execution.
- Researches and develops organizational best practices for gathering data.
- Compiles survey responses for analysis and reporting; Creates infographics and written reports to present results.
- Consults with Managers on survey launch, promotion, and subsequent research methods necessary for data collection at the Convention.
- Provides timely follow-up to survey respondents as needed; expedites information to appropriate staff for event debrief and future planning.
- Oversees Data and Survey Intern and any supplemental volunteer convention staff necessary for data collection at the Convention.
- Commitment to work through at least one convention cycle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfort with analyzing data and presenting information in concise format.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, set goals, and prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge and experience working with platforms like Survey Monkey and Google Forms; Previous experience developing, administering, and analyzing surveys.
- Experience with creating charts and tables for quick consumption of important data.
- Awareness of current trends and activities in design and geek culture.
- Working knowledge and experience working with our diverse communities, empowerment, diversity and inclusion.
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- Between 2-5 hours per week of work, increasing at the Convention 6-8 hours for that weekend, is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!
Apply here. When applying, please provide a resume and a portfolio or link where we can view your work.