Survey and Data Intern [Volunteer Position]
Mission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
Survey and Data Analyst
The Survey and Data Intern will work closely with the Survey and Data Analyst to support all Convention and organization-wide data collection and analysis. This includes designing surveys, researching trends, and presenting findings to Staff and Board of Directors. They will work closely with staff from various departments (Sponsorship, Design, Outreach, etc.) to assist in identifying org-wide data needs.
Between 5-7 hours per week of work is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
- Conducts research for bi-annual report on industry trends.
- Collaborates on data collection, research analysis, and survey promotion at Con.
- Supports planning and execution of all Con research, and surveys – includes pre-, and post-.
- Assists in annual post-Con presentation for both quantitative and qualitative findings.
- Commitment to work through at least 1 convention cycle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, set goals, and prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge and experience working with Survey Monkey and/or Google Forms.
- Ability to collect and interpret social media analytics.
- Willingness to learn marketing research techniques.
- Awareness of current trends and activities in design and geek culture.
- Working knowledge and experience working with our diverse communities, empowerment, diversity and inclusion.
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!
Apply here. When applying, please provide a resume and a portfolio or link where we can view your work.