Survey and Data Manager [Volunteer Position]
Mission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
The Survey and Data Manager will lead efforts to conduct research, collect data, analyze results, and present findings and recommendations to staff. Beginning with the post-con surveys which gather data, feedback, and suggestions on the Convention experience. They will work closely with the remaining members of the Survey and Data team to plan and execute these projects, and Managers and Directors to identify areas where further research may be needed.
Survey and Data Analyst
Survey and Data Intern
- Manages all data collection, analysis, and Convention evaluation efforts.
- Designs and implements all surveys using tools such as Survey Monkey and Google Forms.
- Oversees the continual improvement of research efforts, and relations with departments.
- Leads the team on defining, planning, and conducting research to ensure the convention experience, satisfaction, and areas for improvement of convention attendees, exhibitors, contributors, volunteers, and staff.
- Collaborates with Executive Director and departmental Directors in formulating research objectives for Convention planning and execution.
- Manages the compilation of survey responses and presentation of findings and recommendations.
- Consults with Managers on survey launch, promotion, and subsequent research efforts at the Convention.
- Oversees Survey and Data team and supplemental volunteer staff necessary for data collection efforts at the Convention.
- Commitment to work through at least 1 convention cycles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfort with analyzing data and presenting information in concise format.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, set goals, and prioritize tasks.
- Eagerness to provide leadership to Survey and Data team
- Knowledge and experience working with survey tools like SurveyMonkey and Google Forms; Previous experience developing, administering, and analyzing surveys.
- Experience with creating charts and tables for quick consumption of important data.
- Awareness of current trends and activities in design and geek culture.
- Working knowledge and experience working with our diverse communities, empowerment, diversity and inclusion.
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- Between 2-5 hours per week of work, increasing at the Convention 6-8 hours for that weekend, is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!
Apply here. When applying, please provide a resume and a portfolio or link where we can view your work.