Video Game Coordinator [Volunteer Position]
Mission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
Manager of Gaming
Positions Reporting To This One
The Video Game Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to plan the programming for the GeekGirlCon video game area(s). This person will research video games, and contact and develop relationships with companies and designers. They will work to establish relationships with third-party game companies, and put together a killer video game show floor.
- Work with the Games team to develop Console Gaming room scope (demonstrations, Learn-to- Plays, tournaments, etc).
- Research, contact, and develop relationships with video game companies and individuals who could have a presence at GeekGirlCon.
- Regularly update progress to the Gaming Team–both in person and via Gaming Team documentation.
- Be the main point of contact for console hosts, demonstrators, vendors, etc. in the console area.
- Great communicator with extraordinary people skills.
- Professional disposition.
- Deep knowledge and passion for video games and companies.
- Able to manage projects unassisted.
- Passionate team member.
- Competency with G-Suite tools and Basecamp.
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- Between 3-5 hours of work per week is required for this role.
- Must be able to volunteer Friday, Sunday, and Saturday during the convention.
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!