Video Producer [Volunteer Position]
Mission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
Video Marketing Manager
GeekGirlCon is expanding our marketing team to include more videos. We’re looking for volunteers passionate about our mission statement and ready with the skills needed for this new team to collaborate and succeed.
This role is responsible for producing, directing, designing, writing, shooting, and some editing of short-form videos, single/multi-camera events, and audio projects. This role will include helping other staff develop interview videos, in-house informational videos, as well as working with volunteers during the con to gather video for a post-con production.
The video producer staff position requires an average of 5-7 hours per week of work (including meetings, etc) throughout the year, and we ask for a commitment of 2 convention cycles.
- Work with internal Marketing team(s) to deliver video content that fits within larger marketing and advertising campaigns
- Package content for its intended audience using post production and graphic design skills across social media, web, digital.
- Pitch video ideas/concepts that can be developed and made into original short form videos
- Using videography, capture compelling content that fits with the GGC mission
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with the team and give creative feedback
- Collaborate closely with GGC team, attendees, vendors, and partners to create multimedia content
- Ability to plan media shoots, storyboard, and collaborate resources in advance
- Work independently, as well as part of a team, to establish and fulfill project deliverables
- Communicate effectively with internal and external teams and partners
- 2+ years of experience
- Experience with and intermediate knowledge of video equipment, as well as editing software such as Avid, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects
- Experience with hands-on video pre-production, production, and post production workflows
- Working knowledge of lighting and audio techniques
- Willingness and ability to work under tight schedules
- Self-motivated and professional
- Able to communicate efficiently, both verbally and in writing (within team and interdepartmentally)
- Able to interact with a team, communicate, and present ideas
- Handle criticism and feedback professionally and appropriately
- Able to work autonomously
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!