Web Content Producer [Volunteer Position]
Mission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
Manager of Digital Experiences
Do you love internet marketing and helping produce/curate the best web content? Do you know SEO? Are you passionate about web standards? The GeekGirlCon Web Team is looking for a Web Content Producer. The Web Content Producer works under our Manager of Digital Marketing, but assists all departments of GeekGirlCon in making sure our web content is even more amazing. This role acts as project manager, reviewing our site information.
The web content producer staff position generally requires an average of 8 hours per week time commitment throughout the year.
- Updates GeekGirlCon website, either at request of others or to help out others.
- Assists Digital Marketing Manager with new ideas for website and some implementation.
- Edits posts/pages for SEO and other web standards.
- Notifies Social Media Team of new content on website for promotion of content.
- Must know HTML and CSS.
- Know how to use a WordPress interface.
- Up-to-date with current SEO practices, web standards, and inbound marketing practices.
- Must have patience and a willingness to help other staffers with making their content wonderful for the web.
- Must be organized, set deadlines for others, and able to set and manage deadlines.
- Good knowledge of writing and grammar/spelling.
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!