GGC’23 COVID-19 Policies
While we are excited and look forward to holding GeekGirlCon ’23 in-person once again, to help us gather in-person safely, GeekGirlCon will be a vaccine required and fully-masked event. We will not be accepting a negative test in lieu of proof of vaccination. Please read this page for requirements, suggestions and more information. If you have any questions about any of these policies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To attend GeekGirlCon ‘23, attendees of all ages must show proof of vaccination and attendees ages 5 and older must wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth in addition to having a pass. Purchase of a pass does not guarantee entry without the following:
- Proof of vaccination: ALL attendees (including children) must provide written documentation that they have received either the second shot of a two-dose mRNA vaccine (such as Moderna or Pfizer), or a single dose vaccine (such as Johnson & Johnson). Vaccines must be administered no later than September 23, 2023.
- Masking: To enter the convention center, attendees ages 5 and older must be wearing a mask that covers their nose and mouth. Bandanas and neck gaiters will not be allowed. Please ask an Agent if you need help acquiring a mask.
To make sure our convention is a fun and safe event for everyone, here is a list of suggestions we can all take to protect each other. The steps below will not be required for entry to GeekGirlCon but are encouraged to help keep each other safe. More information can be found in the hyperlinks or below for each policy.
- Have your badge mailed prior to the event.
- Stay home if you feel sick or had a potential close encounter with a COVID positive individual and are waiting for your test results.
- Take a rapid test the day of the convention if one is available.
- Practice social distancing! Leave 6 feet of space between yourself and those outside of your party.
- Practice proper masking! Have your mask cover your nose and mouth when not eating or drinking.
- Keep up to date with your vaccines including boosters.
COVID-19 symptoms and infections
Please refrain from attending the event if you test positive or were in close contact with a COVID-19 positive individual within the last 10 days prior to the convention. If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home and get tested. COVID-19 symptoms include but are not limited to:
- Fevers or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
As mentioned above, we highly recommend taking a rapid test the day of the convention if you have one available. Here are some helpful resources to get you started if you wish to receive some free kits: https://doh.wa.gov/emergencies/covid-19/testing-covid-19.
Acknowledging the risks
Our COVID-19 policies goal is to protect our community members to the best of our abilities. We hope for your understanding and compliance to our policies. Despite all COVID-19 precautions and measures taken there are still risks to the spread of the virus. Please understand that our policies of being symptom/infection free, fully vaccinated, masked and socially distanced at the convention mitigate but do not completely eliminate the risk of contracting COVID-19.