Share Your World and Write For Us!
This year, we’ve been asking you to share your world with the GeekGirlCon community. There’s a lot of different ways you can share through social media, but it’s usually confined to 280 characters or a picture. What if you wanted to share something longer than a tweet? Perhaps you wanted to share with a bunch of self-professed geeks? If so, you should consider writing a guest blog post for the GeekGirlCon blog!
We’ve had a lot of great guest blog posts this past year on the blog. Here are some of the latest:
- Why are Women with Mental Illnesses Portrayed So Inaccurately on TV? by Kate Harveston
- How to Safely Recycle Old Cosplay and Props by Brooke Chaplan
- How Geek Culture is Becoming More Inclusive Toward Queer People, by Frankie Wallace
- 7 Creative Asian Cosplayers to Follow, by Hayk Saakian
Our talented copywriters have also been sharing some amazing personal stories and recommendations over the past year, giving us a glimpse into their own worlds:
- Indigo’s Embracing My Femininity as a Gamer with Love Nikki
- Caitlyn’s Pride Month & the Anxious Asexual
- Teal and Hannah’s #GeekGirlTalk series
- Rebecca’s Why I Love the Fourth of July
- My love letter to houseplants (update: they are all still alive)
We’ve been sharing a lot of ourselves, but we want to hear from you. What makes you geek out? What do you want to share with our GGC community? If you have an idea for a pitch, send it to us at email@example.com. Remember, your pitch should reflect GeekGirlCon’s mission statement. Also, as with all GeekGirlCon opportunities, writers are unpaid for their pieces.
What better way to share your world than to write for our blog!