Thank you for giving BIG to GeekGirlCon!
Thank you for giving BIG to GeekGirlCon! You helped support geeky women and girls celebrate who they are and what they love. In GeekGirlCon’s second year of teaming up with Seattle Foundation for its GiveBIG program, we raised $11,625 with 90 donors!
As a volunteer-powered, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, these dollars are crucial and we can’t wait to give back to all our supporters at GeekGirlCon 2017 on September 30th and October 1st. We can’t thank you enough for being a leader in joining us in this yearly online giving campaign. It allows us to welcome all forms of diverse geek identities in a safe space, celebrate the geeky women, girls and allies at our annual convention, and put on more year-round events and community engagement.
With our newly-raised funds, we are working to give you even more! More programming, more gaming, more year-round events, more community engagement, more vendors, more artists, more panels, and more GEEKY FUN! They can all happen because of your contribution to GeekGirlCon.
GeekGirlCon is made possible by your continued support and contributions. At GeekGirlCon 2016, we had:
- Over 11,000 attendees, 30% higher than last year
- 1,700 children under the age of 13 who learned about art and science in the DIY Science Zone
- 300 content contributors
- 150 weekend volunteers
- 50 year round Volunteer Staffers and Board members
- 62 Hours of panels and presentations
- 22 Hours of Game Play
- 10 Hours of Special Events
- 170 Vendors and Artists
- 128 Volunteer Agents who gave
- 1008 hours of service during the Convention
In 2017, our year round community engagement plans entail:
- GeekGirlCon Trivia Nights, the first of which involved celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Buffy the Vampire Slayer at Raygun Lounge
- A pop-up DIY Science Zone and community engagement at the YMCA Healthy Kids Event where we engaged over 50 kids with science experiments
- Partnership with Seattle Public Library to co-host the Jim Henson Con, a free, all-ages event to celebrate Henson’s legacy in a fun, participatory way through singing, puppeteering and costumes
- Community outreach and engagement at Seattle PrideFest 2017, Gender Odyssey Conference, Families of Color Seattle (FOCS) Arts Festival, the Gauntlet tabletop games charity tournament, and more!
Your dedication to our mission inspires us to continue to listen, grow, and improve in serving the GeekGirlCon community! Thank you! We hope you help us to build a GeekGirl community locally by coming to our trivia events, gaming nights, and special events. And we are excited to see you on September 30th and October 1st at the Convention!
Michele Carrico Domingo, Executive Director, GeekGirlCon