IT & Web Administrator [Volunteer Position]
Mission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
The IT & Web Administrator is responsible for the GeekGirlCon’s internal workspace administration, maintaining the upkeep of GeekGirlCon’s external website, and upholding good information security.
- Administers new and outgoing staff member accounts and email addresses.
- Assists the Operations and Programming teams with convention applications and digital storage of GeekGirlCon assets.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining geekgirlcon.com’s upkeep and reliable operation.
- Handle Personally Identifiable Information and uphold good InfoSec practices across the organization.
- Proficiency with Google Workspace and Google Admin Console.
- Knowledge of WordPress CMS.
- Knowledge in SSH or FTP clients and Git version control.
- Proficiency in shared password managers (e.g., LastPass).
- Desire to take initiative to both fix issues and improve GeekGirlCon’s systems without being asked.
- Stays current on technology trends and WordPress updates.
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance remotely (or in-person, during non-pandemic times) for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- Between 3-5 hours per week of work is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!