Merchandising Manager [Volunteer Position]
Mission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
The Merchandising Manager makes sure GeekGirlCon customers have a diverse selection of GeekGirlCon branded merchandise available for sale at the convention, events, and in our online shop. Acts as the procurer, custodian, and retailer of all GeekGirlCon merchandise.
Director of Marketing
- Communicates with design and vendors; manages deadlines for the manufacture of GeekGirlCon endorsed apparel, etc.
- Coordinates with vendors for quotes, payments, and quality of orders.
- Grows relationships with local vendors for future GeekGirlCon needs.
- Manages and tracks inventory; reorders as needed.
- Analyzes GeekGirlCon’s market for improvements to merchandise selection.
- Manages online shops for GeekGirlCon logoed merchandise as well as geek-themed products.
- Sets up and manages the merchandise table at GeekGrilCon-related events throughout the year.
- Runs GekkGrilCon’s merchandise booth at our annual co9nvetnino, including the management and training of merchandise booth volunteers.
- Runs basic profit and loss reports on merchandise and maintains profitability. Reports due on a quarterly basis and after our annual convention.
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality.
- Ability to manage projects unassisted.
- Strong knowledge of ms Excel and Word.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- High degree of flexibility and initiative.
- Knowledge of retail pricing structures is a plus.
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance remotely (or in-person, during non-pandemic times) for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- Between 5-10 hours per week of work is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!