Registration Coordinator [Volunteer Position]
Mission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
The GeekGirlCon Registration Coordinator works with the Registration Manager to manage the event ticketing process and customer service activities for the annual convention. The Coordinator will also be directly responsible for arranging retail store pass sales and direct selling at various outreach and fundraising events. This position will train on all facets of registration to assume the Manager role in January 2020. This person has excellent customer service skills and is organized and detail-oriented.
Between 5-7 hours per week of work is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
Registration and Admission Manager
- Arranges and coordinates selling of passes at retail locations, including periodic collection of proceeds and delivery of additional passes if necessary.
- Coordinates pass sales at fundraising and other outreach events, including supervising and training of volunteers on Showclix and GoPayments processing.
- Works with the Outreach team to develop and manage complimentary pass program with partners such as “Con or Bust” and other community and industry organizations.
- Monitors the Registration inbox and provides timely response to customer inquiries regarding processing, exchanges, and refunds.
- Trains on monthly reporting procedures to Director of Operations and organizational staff.
- Works with the Manager to coordinate departmental pass needs for convention credentialing.
- Participates as a member of the Registration Desk management team, overseeing Agents, processing walk-up sales, and troubleshooting general problems.
- Assemble after-con ticket sales and attendance report, combining all methods of ticket sales, contributor passes, sponsor passes, and other gratis passes.
- One to two years of customer service experience
- Proficient knowledge of Excel and Word
- Must demonstrate knowledge of how to generate and maintain reports.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Commitment of one convention cycle in Coordinator position and two convention cycles after assuming Manager position
- Two years’ experience in hospitality, event planning, or convention management
- Knowledge of online ticketing platforms
- Previous supervision of staff or event volunteers
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance remotely (or in-person, during non-pandemic times) for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- Between 5-7 hours per week of work is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!