Talent & Hospitality Coordinator [Volunteer Position]
Mission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
The Talent and Hospitality Coordinator is responsible for sourcing Featured Contributors with pop culture relevance and broad appeal and for maintaining relationships with past and potential Feature Contributors.
Director of Programming
- Sources mission-aligned Featured Contributors to appear at the convention.
- Maintains a budget, and negotiates contracts in alignment with the budget.
- Coordinates logistics for signing + photo ops, including any signing/photo op sales.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with Feature Contributors into convention content.
- Coordinates with Marketing Department to promote Feature Contributors.
- Acts as on-site point of contact for Feature Contributors.
- Books flights and hotels, and manages other Feature Contributor logistics as necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to answer emails, phone calls, and other communications in a timely manner.
- Upbeat, enthusiastic, and personable.
- Self-motivated, and able to work both independently and within a team.
- Demonstrated excellence in organization and time management.
- Has strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance remotely (or in-person, during non-pandemic times) for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- Between 10-15 hours per week. hours per week of work is required for this role (including meetings, etc). Hours increasing in June, July, and September.
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!